JOB TITLE: DRILLER (AIRCO/RC/SCHRAMM)
SALARY: CONFIDENTIAL (AS PER THE BLY SCALE)
LOCATION: BLY TANZANIA
Boart Longyear Tanzania Limited is a company involved in providing drilling services, drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining, and drilling to companies. The company’s drilling site is in Msalala district, Shinyanga region where the company’s operations are carried out with prospects in other areas of the lake zone.
OVERALL DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
Boart Longyear Tanzania Limited is seeking to recruit RC/AIRCO/SCHRAMM Drillers to join and grow their team to contribue in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met. The Drillers have the following missions:
- Implementation of drilling, work over and completion operations activities on a drilling rig. • Operate on mine site machines.
- Move the drill
MAIN TASKS DESCRIPTION:
The employee’s duties, without limitation, consist of providing a safe working environment for all personnel around the drilling site. Maintain samples as per the client and Boart Longyears Standards. Report deficiencies with any equipment being used.
- Read and accurately follow mine instruction plans with skill and precision ensuring holes are drilled to design line, gradient and profile.
- Communicate with surveyors, geologists and engineers to optimize drill patterns and meters • Comply with relevant Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations
- Must carry out standard work place inspection practices and procedures and prepare the areas for drilling, charging or scraping in accordance with mine safety procedures. • Participation in all applicable safety, prestart and shift team meetings
- Compliance to all applicable mine safe work procedures / safe operating procedures; • Training, Coaching and development: Identifying the educational or training needs of others and suggest to the supervisor. Coaching and helping team members to improve their knowledge/ skills
- Efficient and correct application of the drill rig to maximize productivity
- To be pro-active in all aspects of operational safety and encourage teamwork across departments and sections
- Ensure efficient utilization of resources; Drill machines, drill bits, hammers, Water truck etc. and ensure NO abuse.
- Report breakdowns, equipment damages, safety near misses, incidents and accidents according to the laid out procedures including completing the Shift report at the end of each shift.
- Participate and support Succession Planning within the Mining Team to ensure progressive development of Tanzanian employees to assume positions of increasing accountability. • To be pro-active in all aspects of operational safety, efficient utilization of the resources, Continuous Improvement ideas and Projects; and encourage teamwork across the departments
- Deputies for Drilling Supervisor as required
- Pay close attention to any other employees safety performance while on the drill site. • Assist mechanics if required.
- Any other duties that may be assigned to fulfil the overall business objective
- Closely monitoring the progress of trainees through training reports and discussions with department managers and taking appropriate action to ensure that participants achieve the required standard of competency in a safe and cost efficient manner
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by the Drill Supervisor
- BLY machines general knowledge.
- Documentation & diagnostic tools.
- Languages: Swahili and English would be an asset
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Heavy Mobile equipment operation skills.
Experience & skills
- Secondary School Certificate / Vocational Training/ Apprenticeship in a related field / college program in heavy equipment operation
- Minimum of one year recent experience in RC or large diameter DTH drilling. • DTH and RC Drilling operations
- Bits selection and performance
- Equipment parts and components identification
- Pass Aptitude test and Dover test
- Consistent demonstration of Barrick Core Values
- Strong conceptual thinking ability
- Trade background drill rigs, core RC, grade control and dewatering.
- Mines Health & Safety Act Awareness
- Induction Program (BLY,SEMOS,MOOLMANS,AMS)
- Test to drive vehicles and machines (MOOLMANS, AMS).
- Wear of personal protection equipment required (provided).
- First Aid certificate
NB: Having a valid driver’s license is an added advantage to this position.
- Candidates with the required skills stated above are highly encouraged to apply • Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Only cover letter, CV and certificates are required (In one document PDF Format). CV for Application should be endorsed by 3 referees.
If you have experience such above such experience in drilling services industry, send your CV to: Recruitment.EastAfrica@boartlongyear.com
Deadline for submitting applications is Tuesday 18th July 2023
*All new hires must pass a pre-employment background check and drug test*
Boart Longyear does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Boart Longyear does business.