Mock Examination Papers 2021 in Ghana
Ghana’s academic cycle sees a growing number of students preparing for public examinations every year. To help them approach these tests with confidence, teaching institutions, especially senior high schools, devote considerable resources to providing mock examination papers.
What are Mock Examinations?
Mock examinations are simulated versions of public examinations, such as the West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE). They are designed to help students have an actual experience of what the final examination is expected to be like. Teacher-Administered Mock Examinations (TAME) is a popular format currently in use in many senior high schools in the country.
Benefits of Mock Examinations
- Ease Examination Anxiety: Mock examinations offer students a safe environment in which they can learn test-taking skills and editing abilities to improve their performance and enable them to develop the confidence needed to face unfamiliar questions.
- Allocate Proper Time: Completing Mock Exams under exam conditions allows students to allocate the right amount of time for each question and to approach the final exam with the ability to create a practical strategy.
- Check Understanding: Mock examinations enable teachers to monitor students’ progress and identify weak areas.
- Encourage Comprehension: The mock tests are invaluable in helping students out of the rote learning mentality since they involve comprehending and solving problems.
Guidelines for the 2021 Mock Examinations in Ghana
- Mock Examinations should be administered according to the policies on exam malpractice and testing protocols.
- The paper structure should be similar to the actual examination paper.
- Include questions that reflect the grade level of the students as well as familiarize them with the style of the questions.
- Allow teachers to customize the exams to suit the syllabus they are following.
- The topics should be current and relevant to the student’s level of study.
- Provide the students with the necessary feedback based on their performance.
- The mock examination should be well-planned with deadlines for submission and unanswered questions should be given a -1.
- Encourage students to ask questions about their performance on the test.
Overall, the use of mock examinations in Ghana can be highly beneficial to students as it can help them sharpen their skills and prepare them better for the real examination. Hence, it is important to follow the guidelines in a manner that will be most beneficial to the students.
- Mock Exam 1 Questions
- Mock Exam 1 Answers
- Mock Exam 2 Questions
- Mock Exam 2 Answers
- Mock Exam 3 Questions
- Mock Exam 3 Answers
- Mock Exam 4 Questions
- Mock Exam 4 Answers
- AACN Study Guide Answers to Sample Questions
- Mock Ethics Vignettes
- Help with Questions and Content
- We are working to add a new mock written exam in addition to updating the existing mock exams to be more consistent with the current ABCN exam. Members are welcome to email Eric Waldron @ email@example.com for questions related to existing mock exam content. You can also email him if you are interested in working on a project to update the existing exams.
With the 2021 mock examinations set to commence in Ghana in the near future, students and educational institutions are preparing in earnest. In order to help students better prepare for their upcoming examinations, many schools and universities in Ghana are introducing the use of mock examination papers.
Mock examinations (also known as practice tests) are designed to simulate the actual examinations conducted by the Ghana Education Service. They provide students with a chance to familiarise themselves with the types of questions and exam formats they will face in the upcoming exams, allowing them to better prepare for the challenge ahead.
Mock exams in Ghana are generally issued to students at least two weeks before the actual exams, providing students with an adequate amount of time to go over their materials. The duration of a mock examination generally ranges from two to three hours, depending on the subject and the level of the exam.
The mock examinations vary from subject to subject, and the content of individual mock exams are determined by local educational boards and the Ghana Education Service to ensure they adequately reflect the topics and formats of the actual exams.
To ensure that the mock exams are carried out in a fair manner, it is important that students follow the instructions provided to them by the school authorities. This includes adhering to set dates, wearing the prescribed uniforms and abiding by the rules set by the Ghana Education Service during the mock examination period.
As the 2021 mock exam period draws near, it is important for students to take it seriously and dedicate sufficient time and energy to their preparation. As the mock exam results are influential on the final exam results, schools and universities in Ghana are encouraging students to make use of this opportunity and make the best of their mock exams.