Position Title: Monitoring and Results Measurement INTERN
Position Type: Intern
Position Type: Intern for 6 months (with possibility for extension)
Probation Period: 1 months
Number of Positions: 1
Location: Based in Morogoro with occasional travel to other locations within the region
Eligible Applicants: Nationals
Skills for Employment (SET) is a Swiss Development Corporation (SDC) supported programme implemented in Tanzania. It aims to enhance youth (self-employment for the Vocational Skills Development system. It supports the government and private sector stakeholders to expand access to quality training that matches the demand from both the economy and youth. The project improves relevance of labour market data for curriculum development, enhances the quality of vocational teachers through continuing professional development and provides access to tailor tailor-made practical vocational training for youth in particular for women including young mothers.
Swisscontact is currently looking for MRM intern, to be based in Morogoro region with irregular travel to other locations within Tanzania.
Under the supervision of the MRM Coordinator, the MRM intern will:
Support the management of the MRM system, in particular, the implementation of the routine activities including data collection, analysis and reporting
- The MRM intern will perform the following tasks:
- Assist with the implementation of the routine monitoring system in close collaboration with the SET team and partner organizations
- Collect data and ensure quality of data collected, when required
- Support routine data entry, cleaning and analysis
- Contribute to the revision of questionnaires and other data collection tools
- Support the management of relevant MRM databases and dashboards
- Assist with the preparation of project reports and presentation
- Participate in MRM meetings and other project-related meetings
- Perform other tasks as agreed with the MRM coordinator.
Required qualifications, experience and competencies
- Diploma or bachelor in statistics, economics, computer science, data science, programme/project management or equivalent
- At least 1 years of experience in using knowledge and skills across the data value chain (collection, cleaning analysis and visualisation)
- Experience in using Microsoft office package
- Interest to expand knowledge on using IT in the workplace
- Structured mindset with attention to detail and quality
- Analytical and writing skills in English
- Willingness and ability to learn
The main place of work will be Mororgoro with occasional visits to other locations in Morogoro region.
Interested candidates are invited to submit CVs with a motivation letter/cover letter in English including two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 17:00 (EAT) on 28th July 2023.
Please note that:
Swisscontact respects gender equality and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview