Coca-Cola Kwanza Ltd has an exciting opportunities in Logistics department. We are looking for talented individuals with relevant skills and experience in Logistics for Warehouse Team Leader position. The successful candidates will directly report to the respective Warehouse Manager.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the Operational team in the execution of all inbound and outbound movement: In support of the daily load plan, ensure the accurate picking, staging and loading of product for the purposes of on-time outbound movement, and the accurate counting, receiving and unloading of product for the purposes of inbound movement.
- Ensure on-time replenishment of picking and staging areas.
- Manage the team in terms of stock management and inventory accuracy: Full product, containers, and support materials managed within storage locations as per warehouse layout, and adherence to stacking requirements per dedicated bin is enforced.
- Execute daily decisions and prioritisation to ensure customer service and operational efficiency processes.
- Manage an effective and accurate Production Interface: Ensure stock is removed from the production lines / containers and quality pallets are fed to the production lines in such a way that there are no disruptions to the production process, and that all items issued and received are accurately signed off between Warehouse and Manufacturing. (Wet Site)
- Manage all tasks within the standards of excellent housekeeping: Drive excellent housekeeping standards whilst adhering to warehouse layout guidelines by ensuring the correct product is stacked in the correct bins.
- Manage the effective care for Company assets within the team: Ensure the operation of company assets such as forklifts and pallet jacks within the team takes place in a safe manner, with the necessary pre-trip inspection process and reporting of damages / breakdown in place. Optimal fuel usage and the elimination of abuse.
- Drive good product quality: Adhering to the company guidelines in terms of stock rotation and First Expiry, First Out, principles. Handle product in a manner that does not impact the quality of the product. Record all breakages and decanting for the purpose of corrective action and improvement. Record and address all substandard quality packaging and damages.
- Manage the effective execution of system transactions and perform end-of shift reconciliations: Ensure system transactions are accurate and timeous and perform an end-of-shift reconciliation to verify that all movements are accurate, valid and on-time.
- Implement activity-based resourcing: Manage the team to ensure resources are aligned to activity requirements per time of day and day of the week.
- People management: Manage team and own performance: Manage own performance. Continuous on-the-job training, coaching and support for team members. Planning and managing of change within the organisation. Communication of KPI’s and achievement against KPI’s. Maintain health, safety, and environment (HSE) standards.
- Drive effective Financial Management of areas impacting Warehouse and Distribution cost. Ensure breakages are recorded and managed down, FBR’s related to load accuracy managed down, achievement of operational efficiency standards as per company requirements.
- Leverage information systems to drive achievement of Operational KPIs
- Compliance to governance controls in all areas within the team
Skills, Experience & Education
The incumbents should have at least a degree in Logistics/stock Management, Procurement and Supply Management or any other relevant field. Three years practical relevant experience in Warehouse/stock management preferably in FMCG, computer literate(preferably SAP Knowledge), flexible team player, assertive and persuasive with high level of integrity, Good analytical skills, Good leadership qualities and strong communication skills.
The deadline for submitting the application is 22 July 2023.