Life Orientation Grade 12 Exam Guidelines 2023
The National Senior Certificate (NSC) Life Orientation Grade 12 Exam Guidelines give students and teachers essential information on how and when to complete their final Grade 12 Life Orientation Exams. The guidelines will assist the student to understand the assessment requirements, prepare for the exam and manage their time proficiently
It is important for the student to know the following information:
- Type of Examination: The Grade 12 Life Orientation Exam is an external exam. It is written annually, through paper-based or computer-based national examination.
- Assessment Requirements: The assessment will require the student to answer both knowledge and intelligence questions based on content covered in the learning area.
- Examination Dates: The written and practical exam will take place during the Grade 12 Final NSC Examination period.
Preparation for the Exam
To prepare for the Grade 12 Life Orientation Exams, students should:
- Ensure they have covered all the content as outlined in their syllabus.
- Enrol in an accredited Life Orientation Grade 12 Exam Preparation Course.
- Purchase the official Life Orientation Grade 12 Exam 2023 Guide PDF for a comprehensive look at the requirements, format and assessment criteria.
- Understand how to manage their time during the exam and make strategic decisions when answering questions.
- Complete practice assessments prior to the exam.
The official Life Orientation Grade 12 Exam 2023 Guide PDF is available for purchase on the Department of Education website. This guide provides valuable advice on exam preparation, as well as an outline of the assessment criteria and format of the exam.
The guide also provides important information on the regulations surrounding the examination and details on the marking scheme students must abide by when completing the exam.
By following the tips and advice provided in the Life Orientation Grade 12 Exam 2023 Guide, students will be well prepared and aware of the exam requirements. This will ensure they are able to perform to the best of their abilities when undertaking the Life Orientation Grade 12 Exam. The South African Department of Basic Education (DBE) has released the Life Orientation Grade 12 Exam Guidelines for the year 2023. The purpose of these guidelines is to ensure that teachers are able to provide their learners with the appropriate materials and skills they will need to successfully complete their Grade 12 exams.
The Life Orientation Grade 12 Exam Guidelines state that the assessments must have regard to the expectations in the Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statements (CAPS) for the national Senior Certificate (SC). The assessment should include activities that reflect the acquisition of knowledge and the development of problem-solving skills and application.
The Grade 12 Life Orientation Exams can include both written and practical components. For example, the paper-based components can include multiple choice, short answer, and essay questions, while the practical element can include projects or field trips. Furthermore, the document states that the exam must be appropriately weighted and reflect the fundamental skills, values and attitudes that are involved in the study of Life Orientation, including attitude and value development, decision-making and lifestyle choices, and health and physical education.
The document also provides details on both the written and practical assessment components, providing information on how the specific content areas should be evaluated. Finally, there is advice on designing and presenting assessments, as well as guidance on assessment administration and marking.
These Exam Guidelines will undoubtedly assist teachers in providing their learners with the training and resources they need to successfully complete the Grade 12 Life Orientation exam. All in all, the document is an invaluable resource for both educators and students in preparing for their assessments.
Leave a Reply