Project 2023 Memorandum Grade 11 – Life Orientation Task 3 Answers:
The Project 2023 Memorandum for Grade 11 Life Orientation (LO) Task 3 requires learners to explore the many values, beliefs, principles and behaviours that shape our nation, beyond our individual identities. This task requires learners to be more cognisant of the wider processes of cultural reconstruction that define South Africa.
The purpose of this memorandum is to provide learners with the appropriate answers to their questions on LO Task 3. Here are some of the key points that learners should consider when completing the project:
Defining South African Values, Attitudes and Behaviours
- South African values include respect, equality, human dignity, reconciliation, justice and peace.
- South African attitudes and behaviours should be informed by these values. For example, citizens should strive for inclusivity, work together to eradicate inequalities, and advocate for justice.
- South African attitudes and behaviours should be respectful of each other’s beliefs, values and cultures.
Exploring the Role of Media and Social Media
- Social media can be used as a tool to amplify voices, share opinions and information.
- Social media can also be used to spread misinformation and fake news, which can undermine social cohesion, dialogue and peace.
- Learners should use reputable sources of news and information and be discerning regarding what they choose to share on social media.
- Learners should also be aware of the potential harms of cyberbullying and online harassment.
Reconstruction of South African Identity
- Reconstruction of South African identity requires a concerted effort from all citizens to confront the injustices and inequalities of the past, and work collaboratively to develop a society which promotes the values of peace, justice, equality and human dignity.
- It requires citizens to celebrate – and learn about – South African culture, history and diversity.
- Reconstruction of South African identity also necessitates citizens to take practical steps to ensure that disadvantaged and marginalised communities are provided access to educational, economic and social resources.
We hope that this memorandum has provided learners with some useful context information on Project 2023 Memorandum Grade 11 – Life Orientation Task 3. If learners need more assistance on the project, they can contact their school’s LO teacher. Grade 11 students of this next academic year, welcome. This memo serves as a reminder to take part in the Life Orientation Task 3 Project 2023 and submit your responses, due on [date].
The goal of the project is to provide students with an insight into the possible career paths they may take in 2023. It allows students to reflect on their current actions and plan for a successful future.
Students are required to answer the following questions in their written responses:
1. What possible careers might I be interested in pursuing by 2023?
2. What steps do I need to take now to pursue those careers by 2023?
3. How will furthering my education in those areas strengthen my skills and increase my chances of success?
4. How do I plan to make a name for myself and establish a strong professional network?
Students are asked to provide an organized, thoughtful, and well-developed response to each question, as well as a list of any sources used in the creation of their response. All responses should make use of appropriate grammar and spelling.
We encourage students to give thoughtful consideration to their responses and take the opportunity to plan for their future.
Thank you for your time and attention. We look forward to seeing your responses. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact your teacher.