TVET Colleges in South Africa
TVET (Technical and Vocational Education and Training) Colleges offer a wide range of qualifications for those interested in pursuing a vocational profession. Not only do these colleges offer foundational training, but also provide training for skills-based professions. South Africa has many TVET colleges to cater for the diverse needs of the population.
List of All the TVET Colleges in South Africa
- Umfolozi Technical Vocational Education and Training College – based in Durban
- Victoria Park Technical College – based in Johannesburg
- Afrikaanse Handels Instituut – based in Pretoria
- Fort Cox Agricultural College – based in Eastern Cape
- Central Technical College – based in Kwa Zulu-Natal
- Kwanalu Agricultural College – based in Durban
- Management College of Southern Africa – based in Pretoria
- Southern African Youth Academy – based in Pretoria
- Tshwane University of Technology – based in Pretoria
- West Col Technical and Vocational Education Training College – based in Johannesburg
- University of Nicosia – based in Nicosia, Cyprus
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT) – based in Cape Town
- Durban University of Technology (DUT) – based in Durban
- Central Johannesburg College – based in Johannesburg
- North West University – based in Mahikeng
Whether you are looking to gain skills in a particular trade, want to study for a degree, or simply improve your job prospects, TVET Colleges offer a comprehensive range of courses to support your desired outcome. No matter what your educational background may be, by choosing to study with one of the TVET Colleges in South Africa, you can be sure that you are in the hands of experts in the industry. The Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) sector in South Africa is a major contributor to the country’s human capital development and economic growth. With the introduction of the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) in the early 1990s, a wide variety of qualifications have become available to South African learners.
In an effort to make technical training accessible to all learners, South Africa has set up and recognised a variety of TVET Colleges across the country. Here is a list of all the TVET Colleges in South African:
A. Central Johannesburg College
B. Buffalo City TVET College
C. Cape Peninsula University of Technology
D. Durban University of Technology
E. False Bay College
F. Northlink TVET College
G. Ecole de Technologie Supérieur
H. Elangeni TVET College
I. Ekurhuleni West College
J. Sedibeng TVET College
K. City Varsity
L. Red and Yellow Creative School of Business
M. Thomas More College
N. The Open Window Institute
O. West Coast College
P. Intec College
Q. Richfield Graduate Institute of Technology
These colleges, alongside many others, are accredited providers of Technical and Vocational education and training programmes. They offer numerous courses ranging from short courses, Certificates, Diplomas and NQF Level 4-7 courses to students at all levels of study. All courses are quality-assured, cutting-edge programmes that are aimed at meeting the requirements of the South African labour market.
TVET Colleges also provide a range of additional services such as career guidance and counseling, and assistance with finding employment. In addition, they equip students with the necessary skills to become successful in the workplace.
By providing students with access to quality education and training programmes, South Africa’s TVET Colleges bring about an increase in educational and economic prospects for both the current and future generations of South Africans.
Leave a Reply