Troubleshooting “Roku No Sound”
When you’re trying to watch your favorite movies, shows, or even music on your Roku, not being able to hear any audio can be extremely frustrating and distracting! Thankfully, there are a few steps you can take to fix the “Roku No Sound” issue.
Steps to Fix “Roku No Sound”:
- Check the TV Volume Settings – This is the first step and the most obvious. Before proceeding to any other troubleshooting, make sure your TV’s volume settings are not on mute or zero.
- Check Audio Settings on the Roku – Your Roku’s audio setting can sometimes get changed by itself. Check to make sure your audio settings are at the expected levels.
- Check Cables and Connections – Ensure that all cables, including HDMI, optical audio, and power cables, are all securely connected. Take a look at your TV’s manual if you need help for this step.
- Try a Different Input – If all the above steps fail, try connecting your Roku to different HDMI or audio ports on your TV and see if it works.
- Check the Roku Audio Output – Finally, if none of the above steps work, your problem might be related to the Roku Audio Output settings. Make sure the settings are set to the default (which is typically “Auto”), and if not, change them accordingly.
If none of these steps worked, then something might be wrong with your device. In this case, you may need to contact Roku’s customer service or get a new device. Following these simple steps should help you fix the “Roku No Sound” issue in no time!