Sol Plaatje University Acceptance Letter – 2023-2024
We are delighted to inform you that you have been accepted to Sol Plaatje University. Your hard work and dedication has paid off and we are excited to welcome you to become a member of the SPU family!
To make sure you have everything you need to start your journey, here is a checklist of items that need to be submitted to complete your acceptance:
- Completed SPU Acceptance Form
- Official Confirmation of Admission
- Non-refundable tuition deposit
- Completed immunization form
Once you have submitted the documents above, you can look forward to beginning your academic journey in 2023. In the coming weeks, you will receive a copy of your official acceptance letter with all of the necessary information.
Some of the candidates may want to apply for loans, thus it’s important that candidates arrange the admission fee/annual fee within the prescribed dates for its submission. Once the candidates become familiar with the fee structure of SPU colleges, they can plan their admission accordingly. According to the SPU fees, they can also select the colleges they want to be admitted to.
IMPORTANT DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED AT REGISTRATION
- Two certified copies of your ID
- Original and two certified copies of your matric certificate/statement of results.
IMPORTANT FINANCIAL DETAILS
UPFRONT TUITION FEE PAYMENT
- R5,000is required to be paid prior to registration (proof needs to be submitted) if unfunded.
- Students who have confirmation of a bursary from an organisation do not have to makethe upfront payment (proof needs to be submitted).
CONFIRMATION OF RESIDENCE PLACE
- Payment of R5,000is required to confirm a place in residence (proof needs to be submitted) if unfunded.
- Students who have confirmation of a bursary must submit proof thereof and the upfront residence amount is waivered.
- Those who are unable to make the upfront payments need to submit a letter of appeal to the University’s Registrar with a full motivation, supported by a statement of the family income and to include all efforts made to secure alternate sources of funding.
SPU BANKING DETAILS
- First National Bank
- Branch: Kimberley
- Branch code: 240102
- Account number: 62516049873
- Account holder: Sol Plaatje University
- Account type: Deposit only
- Reference: SPU student number (very important)
- All students should note that irrespective of the source of funding, you are liable for all fees due and payable to Sol Plaatje University.
Check the Sol Plaatje University SPU Fee Structure, as per different programmes from the tables below across SPU colleges.
Note: SPU Fees 2023 – Sol Plaatje University SPU Fee Structure 2023/2024 has not yet been released, keep referring to this page and we will keep you updated when the Sol Plaatje University Fee structure is available for you to access. But as for now, you can contact the university through the contact details given below concerning SPU Fee structure inquires.
Living On Campus: If you plan to live on campus, we recommend that you consider submitting a housing application as soon as possible to secure a spot.
Tuition Payment: Tuition payment is due prior to the start of each semester. Please make sure to budget ahead of time to ensure timely payment.
Academic Advising: You will receive an appointment for an academic advising session as soon as possible. Please make sure to arrive at your session prepared with a list of questions and interests.
We look forward to a successful and memorable academic experience at Sol Plaatje University. Congratulations once again on your acceptance into SPU!
Sol Plaatje University Admissions Team Sol Plaatje University is pleased to inform applicants of the class of 2023-2024 that you have successfully been accepted into the university. This means that you will be joining an exceptional group of students who will join you in our new academic year, and together with staff, we look forward to guiding you through your chosen field of study.
Sol Plaatje University holds a beacon of excellence in teaching, learning, research and community engagement. We are proud of our diverse range of courses and programs, numerous student services, and advanced facilities that provide the best environment for learning. Our motto “You are the future, we are here to shape it” encompasses our commitment to transforming our students’ lives and nurturing tomorrow’s professionals.
You will gain knowledge, expertise, and essential skills while being part of a dynamic university culture. With our staff’s mentorship and your commitment, we hope to extend your learning beyond the classroom to ensure that every student stands out for their career goals. We also provide numerous opportunities for extra-curricular activities enabling you to broaden your horizons and enhance networking opportunities.
Your SPU acceptance letter is your pathway to enjoying a student experience that is both rigorous and rewarding. Aspire to make the most of your time with us and embark on the journey of self-discovery, knowledge and skills.
Once again, congratulations on being accepted to Sol Plaatje University and we look forward to your enrolment with us for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Wishing you all the best.
The Sol Plaatje University Team