Program Dish Remote without Code
A remote control is a device for activating components of a home entertainment system from a distance, such as a television, cable box, or DVD player. Programing a remote to control those various devices can be complicated — but it doesn’t have to be.
To program a DISH remote without a code:
- Step 1: Turn on the TV and receiver.
- Step 2: Press the TV button at the top of the remote.
- Step 3: Hold the MUTE and SELECT buttons until the TV button flashes twice.
- Step 4: Press 9 9 1. The TV button at the top of the remote will flash twice.
- Step 5: Point the remote at the TV and press POWER. If the TV turns off, the remote is programmed.
If the TV doesn’t turn off, repeat steps 2–4 with a different code.
If the above method doesn’t work, the remote must be programmed using auto-discovery, or manual entry through code search. Refer to your Dish manual for instructions on programming methods