Roku Keeps Restarting
Does your Roku device restart by itself? This can be a frustrating issue, especially if you’re in the middle of watching something. If your Roku keeps restarting, it’s time to identify and remedy the underlying issue.
7 Reasons Your Roku Keeps Restarting
- Insufficient power supply
- A firmware bug
- Corrupt streaming channel
- Defective hardware
- Software incompatibility
- Network disturbance
- Server downtime
Troubleshooting Your Restarting Roku
If your Roku keeps restarting, try these steps:
- Check the power supply. If you’re using a USB power supply, use a certified device and cable. If possible, connect the Roku to the charger that came in the box.
- Reboot your router. If your Roku is experiencing latency problems, restarting your router fixes the majority of network issues.
- Update the Roku system. Go to Settings > System > System Update to check for the latest system software update.
- Uninstall and reinstall the problematic channel. If a streaming channel is malfunctioning, try uninstalling and then reinstalling it on your device.
- Replace the remote. If the Roku is restarting because of an issue with the remote, you should replace the battery or buy a new remote.
- Contact Roku support. If all else fails, visit the support website or give Roku customer service a call to find out what’s going on.
Stay In the Loop With Your Roku
If your Roku is restarting, figure out the underlying issue and make sure to stay on top of firmware updates. With a few simple steps, you can make sure your device stays in top working condition.