Heavy Duty Driver/Operator at Boart Longyear Tanzania Limited
JOB TITLE: HEAVY DUTY DRIVER/OPERATOR
SALARY: CONFIDENTIAL (AS PER THE BLY SCALE)
LOCATION: BLY TANZANIA
Boart Longyear Tanzania Limited is a company involved in providing drilling services, drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining, and drilling to companies. The company’s drilling site is in Msalala district, Shinyanga region where the company’s operations are carried out with prospects in other areas of the lake zone.
OVERALL DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
Boart Longyear Tanzania Limited is seeking to recruit a HEAVY DUTY DRIVER/OPERATOR to join and grow their team to drive a change within the team and the business. The successful candidate will undertake various transporting duties and delivery services. Their primary responsibilities include transporting fuel,water,rigs & staff, carrying out vehicle maintenance checks and interacting with clients in professional conduct.
MAIN TASKS DESCRIPTION:
- Keep file on site for copies of all vehicles/asset’s documentation (above mentioned, and import docs) for client or Customs audit purposes
- Listen to traffic and weather reports to stay up-to-date on road conditions
- Driving a variety of vehicles, including LV’s, Hiab, buses and trucks (Water & Fuel) • Provide safe transport of all BLY employees as well as all official passengers travelling in company vehicles
- Observing all SOP, traffic rules, regulations and /or procedures relating to driving onsite and outside mine site during day and night time. Avoid all situation that might place the vehicle or passengers at risk
- Maintenance of the company vehicle as per site applicable regulations and directives (grey card, insurance, Sumatra, vignette, visit technique)
- Ensure safety practice is observed and reporting any hazard or risk behavior within working area
- Develop and follow a work schedule to maximize efficiency, taking into consideration roles and responsibilities of other team members. Adjust the route to avoid heavy traffic or road constructions, as needed
- Plan all trips properly and ensure all the necessary equipment is on board for each trip • Properly inspect/check the vehicle and complete all proper documentation before vehicle is used per site applicable procedures/regulations
- Report any fault t responsible maintenance team and/or First Line Leader for all tools and/or equipment under area of working. Do not operate substandard equipment at any time • Maintain a log of all trips, events and fuel consumption (Use of a logbook)
- Picking all delivery of goods, rubbish, core, food & containers as per schedule and directives • Ensure overall condition of vehicle is at 100% working (Seats, Seat Belts etc) • Do not to undertake unnecessary trips or operate the vehicle without specific adherence to authorized permit
- Be punctual at all times
- Perform all duties as assigned by supervisor
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proven experience as a Driver with necessary certificates from VETA/NIT
- Valid Tanzanian driving license, class B, C, D and E.
- A clean driving records
- Must have minimum at 2 years’ experience as a driver in large organization preferred in mining
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English and Swahili ,both writing and verbal • Working under minimum supervision
- Mine Safety and health Awareness
- Sound knowledge of Mining Safety Regulations and best practice
- Minimum visual acuity of 20/50 (or corrected to 20/50)
- Familiarity with GPS devices
- Knowledge of area roads and neighborhoods
- Ability to lift heavy packages and luggage.
- Availability to occasionally take weekend and night shifts
- A polite and professional disposition
- Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations (e.g. at rush hour)
- Willingness to travel to various BLY sites.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail with good interpersonal skills
- The ability to prioritize and work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English & Swahili
- Induction Program (BLY and Barricks)
- Test to drive vehicles and machines (BLY and Barricks).
- Wear of personal protection equipment required (provided).
NB: Should also have a valid driving license and ability to drive a manual LV & Heavy trucks around the mine site and underground respectively
- Candidates with the required skills stated above are highly encouraged to apply • Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Only cover letter, CV and certificates are required (In one document PDF Format). CV for Application should be endorsed by 3 referees.
If you have experience such above such experience in drilling services industry, send your CV to: Recruitment.EastAfrica@boartlongyear.com
Deadline for submitting applications is Tuesday 18th July 2023
*All new hires must pass a pre-employment background check and drug test*
Boart Longyear does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Boart Longyear does business.