Machine Electrician at Boart Longyear Tanzania Limited
JOB TITLE: MACHINE ELECTRICIAN (1 POSITION)
SALARY: CONFIDENTIAL (AS PER THE BLY SCALE)
LOCATION: BULYANHULU KAHAMA
REPORTS TO: MAINTANANCE SUPERVISOR
HOURS: 12 HOURS A DAY
Boart Longyear Tanzania Limited is a company involved in providing drilling services, drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining, and drilling to companies. The company’s drilling site is in Msalala district, Shinyanga region where the company’s operations are carried out with prospects in other areas of the lake zone.
OVERALL DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
Boart Longyear Tanzania Limited is seeking to recruit an ELECTRICIAN to join and grow their team to drive a change within the team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Maintenance department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures. In this role he/she will be contributing to the maintenance and construction work within the project.
The Machine Electrician will have the following missions:
- Diagnose breakdown on site machines.
- Fix the breakdown.
- Participate in overall reconditioning of machines and LV’s.
- Reports to Maintenance Supervisor on site.
MAIN TASKS DESCRIPTION:
- Carry out technical diagnostics on machine breakdowns with the electrical tools: Computer, measurement tools, documentation, and multi-meters.
- Assist mechanics with mechanical and hydraulic issues when required.
- Carry out quick and long-term repairs (Repair to restart machines in emergency /repair to put machine back to standard)
- Carry out service maintenance.
- Fill in preparation and repair documents: breakdown time, time spent on repair, parts list, recommissioning validation, and a weekly time sheet.
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such to position machinery and parts during the installation, set up and repair of machinery.
- Keep records of work performed.
- Apply safety rules of the mine site and BLY.
- Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings; • Wear the appropriate PPE for the task at hand;
- Comply with Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures, and guidelines;
- Install and maintain of all electrical equipment to reduce unplanned maintenance and optimize availability.
- Overhaul electrical equipment in accordance with set company policies and procedures • Complete required testing and safety checks on specified electrical equipment. • Attend to breakdowns and complete necessary fault-finding.
- Carry out defined and necessary electrical equipment checks & periodical inspection as required.
- Ensure total adherence to all safety, health, and environmental procedures and guidelines as well as all other company policies and procedures.
- Complete modifications to electrical equipment in accordance with specified instructions.
- Under the direction of the supervisor, provide appropriate on-the-job training and coaching to less experienced personnel.
- Maintain good housekeeping on jobs and around the workshop area.
- Implementation and execution of all tasks and instructions as instructed by superiors.
- Electrical trade certificate from Technical college – (FTC/IMTT / VETA)
- Ordinary/Advanced level certificate – Form IV/VI
- Valid driving license for a light Vehicle is an added advantage and essential to perform off site breakdown and routine maintenance and transport material and well service equipment and to intervene on the rigs on the drilling area.
- 3 Years’ experience in industrial electrical
- Process Plant experience is added advantage
- Mine site environment experience (Both Surface & Underground)
Skills / Knowledge Requirements
- Computer literate in Microsoft Package Applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio.
- Excellent communication in English, both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine Health &Safety Act Awareness
- Deep electrical system, power generation, blueprints, maintenance, and repair knowledge.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English
- Candidates with the required skills stated above are highly encouraged to apply • Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Only cover letter, CV and certificates are required (In one document PDF Format). CV for Application should be endorsed by 3 referees.
If you have experience such above such experience in drilling services industry, send your CV to: Recruitment.EastAfrica@boartlongyear.com
Deadline for submitting applications is Tuesday 18th July 2023
*All new hires must pass a pre-employment background check and drug test*
Boart Longyear does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Boart Longyear does business.